The past five years have been an incredible journey for High Ridge House—a journey sweetened by the knowledge that, in so many ways, you took that journey with us. Let’s take a look…
High Ridge House had major financial challenges primarily due to Medicare disputing $800,000 in payments due us. Only half of that was recovered, and it took two years. And in 2015 we needed a number of capital repairs.
What a difference five years, your financial gifts and consecrated prayer make! During this past year, despite the global challenge, you helped us:
- Remain open to pray daily for patients, staff, volunteers and the field
- Shelter in place with a core group of staff and continued services uninterrupted
- With your prayers, demonstrate freedom from contagion among patients and staff. And we witnessed healings of partial paralysis, immobility, recovery from a fall… and saw patients go home healed.
- By participating in May’s #GivingTuesday and we were gifted $36,491.00!
- Graduate five Level 1 Christian Science nurses in our new training program
- Secure $318,000 from Payroll Protection Program
- Receive a $150,000 low-interest loan from Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Keep all care services in place and all staff employed
Year 2021: From Loss to Gain
While we enter 2021 filled with hope, gratitude, and a loving determination to continue to maintain the standards of Christian Science nursing, and to “take proper care of the sick” (Church Manual, p. 49), there re many expenses facing us—salaries, needed capital improvements, benevolence, Christian Science nurses’ training, and building and grounds maintenance.
Did you know that it costs about $200,000 monthly for us to function 365 days a year 24/7 at the level of quality that Christian Science requires?
Or that we give approximately $300,000 per year in benevolence in order to fulfill our mission of providing Christian Science nursing care to anybody who requests it, regardless of their financial situation? We foresee an increasing need for benevolence in 2021.
We currently are carrying about $800,000 in debt, and it is right to work toward retiring
Before the end of the year, we are seeking to raise at least $1,000,000 in order to continue to care for the Christian Science community. We hope we can count on you to help us meet this need.
With God’s abundant resources and the financial support of compassionate Christian Scientists like you, we can continue to prosper. What could be more fulfilling, more meaningful than helping a fellow Christian Scientist who needs care? We thank you for your gift.
With gratitude and love,
President, Board of Trustees
PS: We are happy to announce that for the second year in a row a small group of generous donors has agreed to match every single dollar—up to $200,000—if you give now and through December 31, 2020. For example, a $500 donation actually means $1,000.